Thursday, November 17, 2011

Weather and other things


It's starting to get colder and colder each day. Yesterday was the first day that I saw frost on the ground. When we talk about the weather with the Koreans, they sometimes bring up the harvesting of kimchi. Kimchi, the traditional dish that Korea is known for, is prepared this time of year. It is a big event where barrels and barrels of cabbage strew the streets. They let it soak in salty water for several hours before covering it with spicy seasonings and other toppings.


When walking to my rural school, I cross over a river. One thing I like about the walk is there are always a little family of ducklings that hang out by the bridge I cross. It makes my day to watch them play in the water and quack to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment